Sunday, November 27, 2005

Eva's 1st Thanksgiving - Grandparents come for a visit

Grandparents come for a visitgrandparents with Eva Nana's turn...
grandparents with EvaMamie's turn...
Gary gets a turn...

We had a good Thanksgiving here in Seaside with all of Eva's grandparents. The fare was typical with mashed potatoes (leeks & rutabega) brought by Momer and Dad, Turkey, traditional dressing, fresh cranberry sauce, salad, peas with pearl onions, sweet potatoes with fresh ginger, gravy, wine, sparkling juice, and pie for dessert. I made my first pumpkin pie--I hadn't planned on doing this, because Gary had made an apple pie earlier in the day on Wednesday and Gary and Martha had also ordered a pecan pie from the Pig 'n' Pancake (which was probably the best pecan pie I've ever tasted). But, Suzanna desired a pumpkin pie, so I made one. We had a can of pumpkin on hand and I went to the store to get condensed milk. I followed the recipe on the can label. It was much easier than I had realized and it came out great. Hope your thanksgiving went well.

Nana wishes Eva happy Thanksgiving...

Time for a walk after a big meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home